|CALAMUS SPICE OIL|
Country of Origin
|:||Insoluble in water, soluble in alcohol and oils|
|:||0.9924 @ 72°F|
|:||1.549 @ 72°F|
|:||Cananga, labdanum, cinnamon, olibanum, patchouli, oregano, cedar wood.|
Description : Calamus Oil is extracted from a red-like aquatic plant that has sword-shaped leaves & small greenish-yellow flowers. Calamus oil has a warm, spicy odor, reminiscent of a sweet forest. It is widely used in medicines, perfumery and other products. It is bactericidal, carminative, hypotensive, insecticide, anticonvulsant, antiseptic, spasmolytic, stimulant, diaphoretic, expectorant, stomachic, tonic, vermifuge.
Constituents : acorenone, isoshyobunine, b-gurjunene, b-asarone, calamendiol, a-selinene, a-calacorene, camphone, calamusenone and shyobunone, asarone
How to use :
- For massage: 7-8 drops of oil to 10 ml of oil carrier.
- Bath: 5-7 drops, pre-mixed along with the emulsifier (sodium chloride or sea milk, salt, hydrophilic oil honey).
- For applications: Make use of 4-5 drops of the oil to 10 ml of alcohol or oil carrier, saturate wool and attached to the affected area for 10-15 minutes.
- For warming compresses: 10 drops of oil to 30 ml of base oil or 5-6 drops per 200 grams warm water or 10 g. alcohol.
- Rinse: 600 ml warm water + 6 drops of oil premixed with 1 tsp honey.
- For the enrichment of creams and lotions: 7 drops per 10 grams, foundations.
- Aromatherapy: 3-4 drops
- Inhalation: 3-4 drops in hot water to inhale for 5-10 minutes covered his head with a towel.
The massage with the mixture of 2 drops of Acorus calamus oil, 2 drops of ginger oil, 2 drops of Eucalyptus oil and 3 ml of coconut oil to the affected area helps to increase blood circulation, ease pain, strengthen muscles, stimulate nerves, reduce swelling and other symptoms of rheumatism and arthritis.
Benefit : Calamus Spice Oil can be attributed to its properties as an anti-rheumatic, anti-spasmodic, antibiotic, cephalic, circulatory, memory boosting, nervine, stimulant, and tranquilizing substance. It is also used as a carminative in order to remove discomfort caused by flatulence and also checks the growth of bacteria behind this problem. To increase the appetite and benefit digestion; used as fluid extract, infusion or tincture. It is also used as a stomachic and flavoring agent. Used with inhalations blends.
Caution Note: Spice oil is considered as carcinogen and toxic, it is not meant for consumption. This spice oil can encourage hallucinations and convulsions through aromatherapy and inhalation. Though it is harmful and toxic in high concentrations, it is medicinal in small amounts.
All of the information and opinions that are provided on this web site are for informational and educational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace medical advice given by a medical practitioner. Anyone considering alternative therapies should consult with their medical professional before using an alternative method of healing. We do not give nor is any opinion on our web site medical advice.